4. April 2012 18:40
In the past couple of years Americans have faced economic difficulty resulting from job loss, pay cuts, inflation and an increase in prices. Many Americans are finding it difficult to maintain the same standard of living they once enjoyed before these hard economic times. Although it is hard to let go of the lifestyle we once enjoyed, there are changes we can all make in our daily retinues that can lighten the load and make us more financially prosperous overtime. An article written by personalfinancediscussion.com gives some great solutions to making your dollar stretch, some of the solutions are listed below.
When making cuts in your budget, don’t look at it as eliminating certain items or activities, but rather find affordable substitutes.
Substitue, Don't Eliminate
- Instead of eating dinner out at a restaurant several times a week, make a family meal at home. Substituting a meal at a restaurant for a home cooked meal, will not only save money, but will also be a fun activity that the family can share together.
- Substitute going to the movies for renting a movie at home. Waiting for films to come out to DVD will save the cost of a movie ticket per person and the cost of expensive concession snacks. It’s not all about saving money, renting a movie at home rather than going out will create some much needed bonding time and will take the pressure off rushing to make movie times.
- Using coupons, finding daily deals and shopping around for sales are great ways to save money each month on items you already have to buy. In addition to clipping coupons, subscribing to Groupon and LivingSocial will allow you to receive daily updates on deals offered by businesses in your area. There is no shame in bargain hunting, why spend more money on something when you don’t have to?
- Another great tip to find deals is to participate in give-a-ways on social media sites.
As the economy retains its current state, and when more families are finding themselves in financial destitute, just remember there is light at the end of the tunnel. Making a few lifestyle changes and having the right attitude can be the right solution to making it through hard economic times.
- SeekingSitters will be holding a promotional contest on the SeekingSitters Franchise Page on Facebook for four free hours of babysitting.
Contest dates; March 29 - April 29
How to enter the contest:
1. Like the SeekingSitters Franchise Page
2. Post "SeekingSitters easy, safe babysitting solutions" on our wall